Eva Dougherty Billows
Miss Eva Dougherty Billows is a teacher from New Zealand with over 5 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam. She is an enthusiastic, friendly, and cooperative teacher who cares about her students and helps them improve their language skills.
English teacher |Feb 2023 – Present |VUS English center:
I taught children from 4 to 11 years old with provided lesson plan. Though I used my own games in classes to match the student’s need.
Adviser |Aug 2022 – Jan 2023 |Ministry of Education:
I worked in the Operational Support Team dealing with Pay Equity Settlement Claims in the Education sector. My responsibilities include:
- Proposing and implementing pay equity documents
- Taking up to 10+ phone calls per day in a timely manner, ensuring the school sector are informed with the correct pay equity information
- Practicing and ensuring child safety (cos of the courses we did when we started)
- Understanding the practice of confidential information and systems.
Early Childhood Education Relief Teacher | May 2021- Aug 2022 | Victoria University Kids:
I was responsible for looking after babies and children from the ages of 12 months to 5 years old. I was at one centre full-time for six months where I proved myself to be a reliable and dedicated team member. My responsibilities included: Leading learning activities such as educational singing, student and/or teacher directed learning and play on occasion where permanent staff were unavailable.
Reading Tutor/Nanny | Aug 2020 – Feb 2022 | Self-Employed:
- I was and independent reading tutor and nanny to children between the ages of five and nine years old, and also have limited experience with minding middle-school age children. My
- responsibilities included:
- Assessing the child’s level of reading using observational methods and talking with parents.
- Organizing books and learning materials to aid in the child’s learning of difficult or new language
- Working to build the child’s confidence and ability through patience, positive reinforcement and tailoring materials to the child’s interest.
ESOL Teacher |Oct 2017| Christchurch College of English:
I was employed as the main teacher to a class of 20 high-school age International students for two weeks. My duties included:
- Facilitating classroom engagement using classroom management strategies.
- Delivering learning activities in line with learning material provided and ensuring students’ safety and well-being.
|TRÌNH ĐỘ & CHỨNG CHỈ
|Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Victoria University of Wellington