Miss Brittany Bjerke is an American teacher with experience in teaching and curriculum development in Turkey and China. She has taught English to students of various age groups and proficiency levels, ranging from 8 to 10 years old, middle school, and adults. Brittany consistently creates engaging and useful lessons that help students improve their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. She is also known for her cheerful and friendly demeanor, always attentive to and responsive to students’ questions and needs.
Full Time ESL Teacher at Apollo English | December 2018 – Present
- Teaches English as a Second Language to students ages 5 to 16 in online and offline classroom settings. Provides a fun active environment to keep student engagement high.
- Creates tailor made lesson plans and activities to allow students to practice their critical thinking and English language skills in a welcoming environment.
- Teaches online and offline for multiple centers in need of available educators.
- Employs active listening skills to adjust classroom lessons as needed to keep students active and to improve lesson focus.
- Teaches and participates in the annual Apollo summer school program in which students take morning & afternoon classes in addition to evening classes.
- Chaperoned students on the summer school program’s big field trip to significant historical sites in Vietnam.
- Makes significant contributions as a member of the marketing team in periodic showcases to public schools leading 100+ potential students in English language games and activities.
- Provides proofreading services and translations for the English language website, videos (promotional and training), and marketing & recruiting materials to bridge the language gap and attract potential English-speaking teachers and staff.
- Features in promotional videos and audio recordings to promote the company’s message of turning students into global citizens through the English language.
|TRÌNH ĐỘ & CHỨNG CHỈ
|CELTA Certification obtained through Apollo English
|B.A. Degree in Arts
CUNY Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY